Sunday, March 11, 2012

B is for Bestie, Budgeting, Boys, and Billy Joel.

There's been a long time between A and B. I tried to think of a long word that starts with an 'A' and ends with a 'B' to illustrate this point, but a) I can't think of one and b) that would be deceptive anyway, because there haven't been letters in between, there has been silence. Spaces.

'B' is for belated.

The reasons for this are two-fold. First: this week has been a little bit special, and my mind has been elsewhere. Second: for the life of me, I could not think of a decent blog topic starting with 'B'.

The title lists the doubtful contenders I came up with at various points throughout the week. First: my bestie. I have one, and I love her. Lovely love love love. She is beautiful and clever and funny and kind and everything a human being should be. Soon she is leaving the country for a long time and I am so so sad but excited for her to have wonderful adventures. That is pretty much all I have to say about that. Second: budgeting. I'm doing it, and I'm doing it well. I've no idea what else I thought I might write about that. Third: boys. I like one, and it's nice. Fourth: Billy Joel. My car only has a tape player, and I have purchased myself a Billy Joel tape which I have become mildly obsessed with. Sometimes I drive the long way just to hear another song. Billy Joel was the first person I ever saw live, I was still in primary school, and he performed with Elton John and it will forever remain one of the most wonderful memories of my life. The way I felt when the music came up through my seat and took hold of my body, knowing that everyone else in that stadium's heart was beating in rhythm with mine, those two men on the stage, playing music with such love and reckless abandon.. I'd never imagined such a world existed, and it was an utter revelation to me.

In sum: 'B' is for bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment