Thursday, January 12, 2012

All right, Mr. De Mille.

Yesterday's challenge - 'Where you sleep' - filled me with turmoil and despair. I have no bed: I own no bed. For the first time in my life, nowhere in the world is a bed that is mine. A bed just for me. My bed: there isn't one. I have no home, no roots. I am floating, wandering, lost: but worst of all, the destination I seek is one I dread. I do not want to land, to settle, to arrive. It is a horrible state, and I don't know when it will end.

I did, however, take a nap yesterday, on this.


While waiting for people to arrive at my old flat to pick up my belongings they had purchased. Has anyone ever had anyone arrive on time to pick up something they've bought from you off TradeMe? I'm yet to have one. But that's okay, because I had a cushiony thing to nap on, and Eugenides for company.

Today: close-up.




No comments:

Post a Comment