Tuesday, January 10, 2012

We care a lot.

For a terrifying moment, I thought I was going to have to get all creative with today's challenge. My 'Childhood' was recently packed into boxes and sent away, and I write this from my barren shell of a bedroom: nothing but rubbish bags, and assorted furniture patiently awaiting collection from its new owners. Nothing here feels anything like my childhood.

But then I remembered my Emergency Kit. Knowing myself and my rather fragile-at-the-best-of-times nature, I left myself some treats stashed in my room just in case, one day this week, it all got a little bit too much. And in that box? This.


I'm not even embarrassed. This movie was such a staple of my childhood, and, due to my indisputable Peter Pan Syndrome, is still a feature of my adult life. This movie, Care Bears Adventure in Wonderland, Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer, My Little Pony: The Movie, and It Takes Two (Olsen twins, Kirstie Alley), are the movies I have brought with me into my adult life purely because they make me feel young and safe again, and for that ninety minutes, whatever's going wrong in my life becomes somebody else's problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment